Saturday 12 February 2011

226/365

Catching up with mates who are in town over brunch.

French toast with caramelised peaches and ricotta.

Convincing my mate's English boyfriend (can I call him my mate yet? Yes, I think I can) to come and see 127 Hours.

Listening to Michael Leunig talk in his lovely gentle way about life and art; finding joy in the mundane, and how sentiment is meaningful if only we can get over our embarrassment and face the truth of it.

Learning an aboriginal word for "spirituality" - Dadirri - which translates as "deep listening". That really resonated with me. 

Seeing Kate Holden - a writer whose story and writing I have long admired - in the flesh, talking about the process of writing.

Sharing a beer and wedges with sour cream for dinner.

A very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment